Need help with RS232 communication protocol exchange

A

Anonymouse

Hi there,

I am a fortran programmer and not good with VB but I need a small program to help me with my problem.

My problem is I have a software controls an equipment. Software sends data stream according to "38400,n,1,8" to serial port (com1 or com2 which ever I choose in setting) but instrument accept data according to "9600,e,1,7" from com1. I need a program to match these two protocols in order for software to work with the equipment. This program should read data according to software protocol from com2 for example as it send and write the same data (or change according to my instruction in some minor cases) to com1 for the equipment to be able to recognize commands. Also it should read responses from equipment according to second protocol and send them to com2 for software according to first protocol. Could you please help me on this and write a few line program for this purpose?

Regards
Steve

F

Fred Loveless

Hi, when you create the object for the comm port you need to set the parameters for the baud rate, start, stop, parity and Data bits. This is how you control the communicaitons rate to the device. These rates have to match for communicaitons to work.

This is how server software works. Depending upon the devices you are talking to you may want to look at server software to do the communications.

Fred Loveles
Senior Application Engineer
Kepware Technologies
http://www.kepware.com