Need IEC 61131-3 Compliant software for making PLC

N

Nandkishor

Hi friends,

I am new to this site. I am embedded engineer, want to make our own (ARM base) PLC. As being small-scale company in embedded field we don't have much exposure to PLC base editors, its compiler and interfacing with processor.

So I need some guidelines/recommendation for IEC 61131-3 Compliant software to interface with my processor.

Thanks in advance,
kishore.
[email protected].

kishor

i suggest that if you are developing a PLC of your own then its better for you to join a one week course on PLC & try to understand what is PLC,what are its major Parameters? as you are embedded engineer it will easy for you from the programming point of view and how the commands gets executed. i'm telling from the execution pointof view(assembly language), you also should have knowledge in front end programming like VB or VC++ & somewhat about backend. if you want to enter in the PLC market in the field of Industrial automation go through the technical background of each & evry devices.

i hope after knowinng what is PLC within a week you will be able to take one step in developing your own PLC ooo BBOY :)

Have a look at: "http://www.beremiz.org" I haven't used it myself, so I can't comment on how well it works.

Software is a big part of a PLC, and IEC 61131-3 is a monster of a spec which none of the major vendors really implements. Being able to call your PLC "IEC 61131-3 compliant" sounds like a nice feature, but most people buy PLCs that do little more than nod in the general direction of IEC.

Hi Kishore,

I confirm that ISaGRAF has already been ported to Arm platforms (Linux, CE, ...).

Stefan