Need liquid flow sensor

G

gil

I need help to find a liquid flow sensor that has no flow restriction (magnetic, ultra sonic) for use in vehicle test (automotive)

Thank you.
Gil

W
Gil,
There are available flow sensors that opperate on a temperature difference between two probes.

Talk to Sick,IFM or FCI

regards
Wynton

Gil;

Contact me off-group for information on vehicle mounted Transit-Time Ultrasonic Flow Meters.

Mark Hill
MarkHill(AT)EESiFlo.US

W
What's your price range? That's going to be the defining issue here.

Walt Boyes

---------SPITZER AND BOYES, LLC-------------
"Consulting from the engineer
to the distribution channel"
www.spitzerandboyes.com
walt(AT)waltboyes.com
21118 SE 278th Place
Maple Valley, WA 98038
253-709-5046 cell 425-432-8262 home office
fax:1-253-981-0285
--------------------------------------------

The most important aspect here is the price as we don't have information of the type of the vehicle for which this flow meter is required as well nothing has been specified about the exact application whether its being used for testing purposes or for actual use on the vehicle. A broader idea about the application will definately help in deciding the technology. If flow restriction is the main concern then I would recommend a use of ultrasonic (costly though) or Electromagnetic flow meter or paddle wheel or an averaging pitot tube or simply a rotameter if u just need a indication.

Further to above there are some advice of using a thermal dispersion but I believe Thermal Dispersion won't be of any use as its a liquid application whereas thermal instruments are very good for dry gas applications.