Need Urgent Help Pos. Control

M

Majid Hussain

I have three days to design a system to control an electric throttle on a cart. I am using a DC brushless motor with a tachogenerator for speed control. I have no idea how to incorperate a tachogenerator into my circuit. Any help doing this would be great, i also need to model my system and design some algorithms in either matlab or simulink, any help would be vastly appreciated.

C

Curt Wuollet

The classical method would be for the throttle to generate a DC voltage from 0-10V which compared with the tach voltage scaled so that full speed = 10 VDC. The error is used to control the motor driver.

In real life if it had to work in three days, I'd buy any of a number of motor drives that would do this off the shelf. If I had to design one in three days, I'd study a couple of these, see how they are modeled etc. Analog would be anachronistic, but probably much easier to model.

Regards

cww

S

Steve Myres, PE

Were you sleeping in class? The tachogenerator is your "feedback" signal; it tells you how fast the motor is currently turning. I'll "leave the rest as an exercise".