Netbiter gateway to PM9C comms?

I

Ingo

Hi,
I am new to this and seem to be a bit stuck trying to get communications going between a NetBiter RTU/TCP Modbus gateway and a Schneider PM9C power meter. I am using Modscan32 to test my installation but get an "exception response from slave device". To be honest I don't know where to start looking. The gateway is setup and works fine, the powermeter is connected to the RS485 interface with a two wire cable. Am I missing something?? The address I want to read is anything from 1000 and up, according to the manual it is the voltage etc. registers on the meter.

Ingo

I tried both and it gives me 'gateway target device failed to respond' error. I can see the Netbiter internal registers but nothing from the PM9C.

The strange thing is that the Netbiter 'Serial Link Status' LED flashes orange every time I poll it. If I poll a non existent address it polls red. I also see CRC errors increase via the Netbiter web interface every time I poll it.

I got it. I had the RS-485 wires crossed and polled data that wasn't there. Polling the right registers returned data without any errors.
There's nothing wrong with a few days of pulling your hair out... :)