Network alarm printer

S

shirisha

Hi All!

I have connected a Network printer as an alarm printer to Citect HMI Touch Panel (PC). When I am running Citect project (version 6.10) which is logging alarms to LPT1.DOS, my alarms print very slowly or fail to print at all until I shut down Citect. Why is this happening?

We are using a Oki network printer through ethernet interface card. And I have connected printer through ethernet cable to ethernet port of HMI PC (Windows XP). The printer is installed using TCP/IP (local port) and then mapped to lpt1port using netuse command.

I am using Oki dot matrix (line by line). And I am almost able to get a line print of the alarm but it's veryyyyyyyy slow. It happens something like this. Out of 7 or 8 alarms occuring in 2 minutes only one alarm (last alarm) is printing. And sometimes no printing until shutdown of Citect.

I have been contacting Citect Technical support about this problem for a few days but they are still trying for proper solution. If any one of you already worked on this and have some idea, could you share your knowledge soonest possible?
Thanks in advance.