Network control of 4-20ma output

R

Rob

I am looking for a device that has an internal web page (or such) that I can access via LAN and control a 4-20ma output(s) remotely. Any ideas?

Thanks Rob

A colleague used a Red Lion Data Station Plus (DIN rail mount control module with serial and ethernet connections) with its integral web server to manually control an Advantech analog output over a network.

Red Lion also has a Modular Control Master (CSMSTRZR) has an integral web server with a variety of DIN rail mount I/O modules, specifically, a 4-20mA analog output.

Maybe someone else will come up with an integrated web enabled manual control station.

S
A lot of PLC's have built-in web pages that let you view the I/O. It wouldn't surprise me if some of them let you set it as well.

Be careful about exposing whatever controller you end up with directly to the internet if it has the potential to injure someone or damage equipment. It's usually not a good idea, but your case might be benign enough for it not to be a problem.

Thank you for the feedback. I do not want a full blown PLC and the web relay devices are exactly the type of unit I am looking for. but as you say, they do not seem to make a 4-20ma output. I have emailed them to confirm.