Neuro fuzzy level control

A

Albert De Freitas

Water level is to be controlled within a band in a cylindrical tank.

One input valve and one output valve. High and low level switches. PLC generates a fixed pattern of operation for output valve...4sec open 7 sec closed. Input valve timing to be controlled. Can fuzzy or neuro fuzzy be used for control? No other inputs into controller.

Thanks
Albert

I implemented Fuzzy control in plc5 (Allen bradley) using leder diagram. I controled a mixture of two components.

Well as far as i know fuzzy control are basically implemented to know the exact condition. for example if there is water in the tank then how much water is there? either it is full or half full or partiaaly filled, so i don't think you can implement the fuzzy control here with just two high and low signal. you must have some analog signal for the exact status of the system like water flow reading, so with the passage of time you can calculate the signal or water level transmitter. Anyways I don't think the application is to critical to apply the fuzzy control, is it?

I'm very interesting with your project. Please tell me what kind of signal you use? digital or analog? Thanks.