NEW AREA CREATION IN FCS OF YOKOGAWA DCS CENTUM CS-2

M

Mihir Ramkrishna

Due to plant circumstances, I am forced to create a new area for a FCS of yokogawa centum cs-2. How do I ensure that I do not bug up the
existing program in the FCS...

By bug up I mean; I presume, I will have to create a new area offline by simply assigining amount of memory for this new area say 70 30. In
such case how do I ensure that I do not overwrite any software in the 70% already existing area. Will I have to create the new area by offline loading.?Is there any measure of how much memory I am using(in %) of the present 100% for the one area that already exists?

The new area can only be done off-line. If you have space enough, the system will create the new area without erasing the first one. However, I will advise you to do a back-up of your project before you do this.

The only way I know to check the resources you are using in the existing area is to perform an on-line load. For instance, define a new analog input. In the messages of the on-line load operation, you can read the resources used by the system.

E

Eduardo Manuel C. Cipriano

Hello,

The best way is to acquire 1st a CS Engineering training there is no assurance that you may not bug up the system because if you are not familiar enough to do it, then dont take the big risk,

resources are found using the HIS utility

alvin "KIDLAT" cipriano