New Site Launch - Bugs and Issues

Hi Everyone,

Many of you may be surprised to wake up to an entirely new site. This has been in the works with Ken & Peg, the founders of the site, for several months. We have several positive changes we want formally announce, but first, we must make sure the site is running smoothly.

Please use this thread as a catchall for bugs and features so we can begin fixing any issues.

PM me if you have any private matters to discuss. We look forward to bringing new content and a forum platform that engages with the smartest engineers, globally.

Best,
Adam

I thought the URL had been hi-jacked this morning until I poked around for awhile.

Not a 'bug' as such, but such a huge difference that it's hard to figure out which threads have been newly updated with a new post in a thread.

The previous site listed thread topics for maybe 20-30 threads going back maybe 3-4 days (?). I never counted but it worked well with recently updated threads at the top. Within seconds, I could see whether there was
- a new thread
- a thread with a new post in it.

However, the new site's "Latest Forum Threads" on the home page is only 4 threads long.

Clicking on 'View All' for the Latest Forum Threads does not show lots more threads, instead it goes to a page with 'category' thread listings where some of the category latest threads are weeks or months old, not at all current.

Although the separation into categories is cool (the power generation should have always been a separate category), I find it too complex to scan multiple categories looking for recent updates.

An equivalent to the former site's "Latest Forum Threads" at "View All" with the latest 20-30 threads would be very useful to us "regulars".

I used to use a link up top that linked to "orphan" threads (I think that's what they were called, threads with no reply) to find Modbus threads that had not yet had a reply, but that seems to have disappeared, too.

I thought the URL had been hi-jacked this morning until I poked around for awhile.

Not a 'bug' as such, but such a huge difference that it's hard to figure out which threads have been newly updated with a new post in a thread.

The previous site listed thread topics for maybe 20-30 threads going back maybe 3-4 days (?). I never counted but it worked well with recently updated threads at the top. Within seconds, I could see whether there was
- a new thread
- a thread with a new post in it.

However, the new site's "Latest Forum Threads" on the home page is only 4 threads long.

Clicking on 'View All' for the Latest Forum Threads does not show lots more threads, instead it goes to a page with 'category' thread listings where some of the category latest threads are weeks or months old, not at all current.

Although the separation into categories is cool (the power generation should have always been a separate category), I find it too complex to scan multiple categories looking for recent updates.

An equivalent to the former site's "Latest Forum Threads" at "View All" with the latest 20-30 threads would be very useful to us "regulars".
Give this link a try... https://control.com/forums/whats-new/posts/37/

Is there any way to subscribe to new forum listings?
That seems to have stopped happening and I don't see any way to resubscribe.

thx
In principle, there seem to be options to set email and other preferences in your 'account'; click the button in the top right corner of the browser window. I just discovered this and it is too early to say if they actually work (i.e. I haven't received any email notifications yet; will report back if I do). There are options for 'Watched Forums' and 'Watched Threads' in the 'account' as well; however, these are only listed here and I haven't found yet how actually set them.

I tried to comment on one of the articles on the site (about PLC languages) but got a message saying "You are not allowed to post comments". Any idea why that happened and if I can do anything about it?

Question:
"Start a Conversation"
Where does the conversation show up?
Does it show up in public in some "Conversation" category somewhere?
Or is it a private message to a registered user?