Notifier BACNet Gateway

W

Will P

Hi all:

I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a custom integration to a Notifier system using their BACNet gateway. This is currently operating with no issues when connected to Johnson Controls NAE. However, I have been asked to put together a custom integration using Wonderware InTocuh HMI. I am using TopServer BACNet OPC server, but even with the exact settings used in my Johnson Controls setup, I am unable to discover the Notifier panels. I can discover and connect to the BACNet gateway itself, but not the 3 panels that it connects to. On the same network, I have a Trane Chiller control panel which is discovered and connects without issue. Notifier has been no help to me thus far.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J
I just had this gateway installed trying to interface with Cimplicity HMI ver 7.5 using OPC 2.0 So far I can not communicate with the gateway to find any of the points. nothing!! I am not very confident in the contractor either for tech support. I can ping the device but even my BACnet OPC server interface from Dimension Software will NOT see the gateway. I am still troubleshooting. In the long run, this BACNET is crap. Should have stuck with MODBUS at least. There are too many protocols out there. I will keep you posted.

BACNet is a very useful protocol. The Notifier panel seems to be the problem. I have seen a number of people try with various OPC servers with no success. It states that it supports BACNet/IP and even has a PICS statement but does not seem to allow the connection.

B
If you're integrating Notifier AM6000 / AM4000 / AM2000 have a look at ESAC BACnet gateway for Notifier. eBACgw-Notifier is the name of the gateway. You can find all information on the BACnet Open Catalogue within the BACnet Interest group Europe website http://www.big-eu.org/catalog/show.php?company_id=42 with datasheet and PICS file.
BACnet is a great standard for interoperability.

regards.