Numerical Techniques

P

Pierre Kohn

Hello List,

I am looking for Numerical Techniques, for Signal
processing such as Linear Regression, and also Matrix transformation, such as Inverse calculation. I am having trouble finding sources, either for ready made software or algorithms. Can anyone help?

Pierre Kohn
ABB Body-in-White s.a.
Beauchamp, France

G

greg goodman

if you are running Linux, or are interested in source code, check the Linux Software Map:

http://www.linux.org/apps/lsm.html

it's got freely available source code for numerical methods libraries, finite element analysis tools, Scilab (a Matlab-like "matrix-based scientific software package ... with hundreds of built-in math functions, matrices, and a wavelet toolbox), libraries and applications for statistical analysis, regression analysis, and curve fitting...

happy hunting.

R
The real URL is http://sal.kachinatech.com

The SAL site is really on a links directory to scientific and engineering software, and includes comercial, shareware, open source and freeware (so if you want a free electrical CAD tool.......)

If you are looking for algorithms the best place to look is in the open source packages of academic origin. Such software is not great to use (there are no graphic artists involved in the user interface design;) ), but the algorithms you will find in the source tend to be spot on algorithms derived from first principles, as you
would ecpect from academics.

I would you suggest you look at Ptolemy, a massive package for graphical simulation and analysis of signal processing systems. Do not try to actually use it (or even install it), it is far too complicated, but look at the source (which is easy as it is made up of tiny macro building blocks which implement individual functions), and you will fins a lot of well written and tested 'function blocks'.

D

Dobrowolski, Jacek

Hi
Try www.nr.com

Regards,

Jacek Dobrowolski

Software Eng.
Electrical and Software Design Department
Secondary Division
International Tobacco Machinery Ltd. Poland

R

Ricardo Zuniga

Pierre
Have you try with MatCad or MatLab?
These software have a lot of matrix and stadistics functions and also have plugs-in (additional cost) for signal and image processing.
Additional you will find books of numerical analisys using that software with the algorithms.
Ricardo Zuniga [email protected]

P

Preston Todd Johnson

National Instruments has a large library of analysis routines, including the ones you have listed here. You can get them as part of their LabVIEW package and use OPC to communicate with them. Some LabVIEW (block diagram) programming is required. They also have a package called component works, I think they now market it as Measurement Studio. None the less, these are
active X controls.

You can find these at www.ni.com

Good Luck

Todd Johnson
Interspace Electronics