Old A984-120 will not start. HELP!

T

Terry

Trying to get a a984-120 controller configured to write to using proworx. Keep getting error "dim awareness". I'm new to the plc world so be nice.

J
Dim Awareness is the phrase Modicon uses to define an unconfigured controller.

When using Proworx you should first create any valid configuration only and transfer it to your controller. After it has valid configuration
then you can transfer the correct configuration and application program.

B

Bob Peterson

> !
>
> Trying to get a a984-120 controller configured to write to using proworx.
> Keep getting error "dim awareness". I'm new to the plc world so be nice.

This error just means it has no user program installed. If you download a program into it, this error will go away.

Bob Peterson

J
Your 120 has lost the contents of its memory ( probably from taking the battery out or not replacing it in time ). If you have a copy of the original program just go ahead and download it, put CPU back in run mode and you're done. But if the battery light is on, you have to take care of that soon. The contoller will work without the battery but will loose its memory again when power is lost. If there is a memory card inserted in the CPU's vertical slot you should not have lost the program and something else might be wrong.

If you do not have the original program, well then, you have a problem, but not a big one. The 120 could only store about 25 networks, so the program was small. But to write even a small new program will require that you read the books
or take a class.

Jay Kirsch

Depends on how old, which model, how much program it could store. A 984-A145 could store alot more than 25 networks. I've had programs in
Compacts up to 90 networks, and that's not including the newer PC-E984-265 and up, which have more memory.

Can't vouch for the old 984-0145 or those other really old ones. But the A and E series processors can hold alot more than 25 networks.

CK