Omron Host Link driver in Java

A

Anonymous

I post this message to investigate if somebody is interested in an Omron Host Link driver written in Java. The Host Link protocol is the proprietary rs232 Omron protocol (but really well documented) that equip each Omron PLC.
The driver I'm going to write handles the multithreading (it means that the GUI of your program doesn't freeze for several seconds every time you perform an heavy sequence of commands to the PLC) and handles a priority list (it means that it can be really usefull on those situations where you continuously monitor some data and according with these you must send an immediate command to PLC that goes beyond of all the other).

For the moment the driver, that it's in beta phase, can read the most known channels, bits, force bits and read continuously data (host link commands QQMR e QQIR).

Instead to sell this driver I would like to make it open-source and accept donations. It could bring me some money (always welcome) and I give the possibility to change the source code if you need to (or if you find it difficult I could do it for you).

I also think to realize several user manuals to show a lot of examples for beginners, or how to collect the data read from a PLC into a database.

I'm also thinking to realize a bridge so that it will be possible to access an OMRON PLC across the internet and in this case everybody can access this PLC using a program build in VB, C++ Delphi ...

Well, if you find this idea interesting please let me know your opinion just answering this message.

A

awayz mohammed

Hi,

I am a beginner in PLC and I am working with OMRON cqm1h and other CPUs. actually i was searching for materials to read about the communication between plc and pc. after reading your message i think i got what i was looking for.

waiting for ur replies
[email protected]

Hi
iam really interested in your idea,
i am a beginner and jsut now started working on
making platform in vb and vc++

waiting for ur replies
bye

Hi,

What a great work. I am very interested in your work because i have been trying to build an application using high language prgramming to talk to omron plc. I tried VB to talk to omron plc through host link commands and it works, but i need threads code to continously monitor data in plc. Your code would greatly help me. Thanks in advance.

ngo4life

I may have a project for a protocol converter where on one side you've a IEC60870-5-101 and on the other side an OMRON Sysmac CQM1H with some "bespoke" mods. We intend to use our product LUCIOL to do it but we would be keen to re-use your code if available. Please contact me for further discussion at my address: [email protected].

Thanks in advance,
Patrice

R
I am very interested in your work because i have been trying to build an application using Java to talk to omron plc (CPM1A). I can send the test string to PLC but i can't obtain the response from PLC. Your code would greatly help me.

Hi, I was just looking for something like this. How the project goes? I'm really interested!

Yours,
Lajos

you can reach me here: lajos.uti@freepop dot hu

A

Antonio Marques

Hi!
It would be very nice if I could use your solution for teaching purposes - after donate, of course.
How can i do it?

Congratulations!

hi,

i'm a begginer in PLC communication and you know what? ...i think your idea is very good, and you are really answer what i'm looking for...

please email me. thank you very much.

damianus
[email protected]

Hello,

I am working on a project to convert from vb to java using this omron. It would be a great help if i could see your code.

blue_phirus [at] yahoo.com