Omron PLC dialing Modem

P

PLC-Engineer

I want that the omron plc dials with a modem and send some text to a pager or mobil phone. Is there somebody who can help with a ladder program?

C

Chris Fordyce

Sorry, can't help... but sounds like a cool project. I would love a copy of that logic if you get it!

Chris Fordyce

> I want that the omron plc dials with a modem and send some text to a pager or mobil phone. Is there somebody who can help with a ladder program?

Do you have a mmi running that the plc could trigger to use win dialer to call the pager?

If not then trigger a string to the seral port- modem. the string would carry the phone number + message.

Larry

L

Leonard Mireles

First of all what series of Omron controller are you using?
I've set up a local produce company using the Omron C200HS backed with a Wonderware package to page plant personnel with various alphanumeric messenges and codes depending on error priority.
What you want to do can be done. I'll help if I can.
Leonard Mireles
[email protected]

N
You need an Omron that supports the TXD/RXD instructions and the port must be setup as 'No Protocol' then refer to the manuals for details on using the RXD/TXD for sending any character (2 characters per DM word) out the port. Or, you can contact me directly for a quote.

R
We can assist with this problem, of course with any communications package, sometime is involved in the initial development and will cost you (sorry). One of our integrators here in Melbourne has developed a package utilising the GSM mobile network to send and receive messages. At this stage it is simply to send ANY text message to a mobile phone which you can then reply and the PLC can action on the return message.

This of course can be exploited to allow the PLC to act depending on the message and the possibilities go on.

Contact me for futher information, thats if this reply isnt too late.

> I want that the omron plc dials with a modem and send some text to a pager or mobil phone. Is there somebody who can help with a ladder program? Talk to Iconics -- they have web enabled software which will do this.