On-line air flow measurement for hot dusty applications

D

David Ramos

Hello all,

I have recently started working in the Technology department of a cement company, and I am currently involved in a project that requires a lot of researching on my part.

My goal is to measure the mass flow (mainly dust concentration) in three different high temperature environments within the kiln and preheater system.

1. Tertiary air ducts (temperatures above 900 degrees C)
2. Clinker cooler exhaustor (temperatures above 280 degrees C)
3. Residual air going to milling. (Temperatures above 90 degrees C)

I am interested in knowing what technologies, vendors or solutions currently exist for achieving this.

From what I've researched so far, it seems the best approaches are using a device based on the triboelectric principle, devices using a radioactive principle, or some sort of isokinetic measuring system.

I have no previous cement knowledge and all of these terms seem pretty new to me, so I would greatly appreciate any info, knowledge resources or help you guys could provide.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Hello Dave,

Are you still involved in this project? I will check with my colleagues in Germany.

Francis
TRIPS Automation Singapore Pte Ltd
(a division of TRIPS Group, Germany)

R

Rohit Chandak

Dave,
We have done few cement industry applications with great success. Most of the common technologies deployed for Air Flow Measurement (even dusty applications) were VERABAR Flow Element, Kurz Multipoint Thermal Mass Flow Meters & in some applications Venturi but looking into energy saving idealogy Venturi Meters were replaced with VERABAR & Kurz Multi Point Thermal Sensors.