Ooen files on PC from PLC

I have a project in which the customer wants to display a part image at several different loading stations based on the part a particular recipe has called for. Running a Compact Guardlogix PLC. Planning to use and Advantech industrial PC with 4 HDMI out. I am trying to find a,way to have the PLC open different image files on the 4 different displays basec on the production recipe. Any ideas are appreciated.

I have a project in which the customer wants to display a part image at several different loading stations based on the part a particular recipe has called for. Running a Compact Guardlogix PLC. Planning to use and Advantech industrial PC with 4 HDMI out. I am trying to find a,way to have the PLC open different image files on the 4 different displays basec on the production recipe. Any ideas are appreciated.
DumbOldElectrician
At least you have allen bradley hardware. Now you need a HMI.
Your information is limited therefore so are my ideas.

The PC will run Factorytalk Studio for the HMI.
Again very little information. Factory Talk can display many different processes on a single screen..

Having 4 screens may be too much. I do not know.

Some people want different screens with touch ability. Some people want the entire thing on one BIG screen.

The original post " a,way to have the PLC open different image files " wants the PLC to open image files which the PLC simply cannot do. Only a HMI can do this.

If you're talking about displaying video by referring to HDMI ports, then that's out of my HMI experience.

If you're talking about displaying a static graphic, then most graphical HMI's (as opposed to text only) have some means of displaying a static graphic image on the screen. Calling the image could done by the HMI polling a PLC register that identifies which image should be displayed for which recipe, and then the HMI can call up (from its memory) and display the associated image. Or if the HMI handles the recipes then program the HMI so that appropriate image loads and displays along with the required recipe.

I have used the PLC to call HMI screens. Simple enough. The issue I am not sure how to resolve is the multiple screens showing different images. Would FTV SE do this? If these s
If you're talking about displaying video by referring to HDMI ports, then that's out of my HMI experience.

If you're talking about displaying a static graphic, then most graphical HMI's (as opposed to text only) have some means of displaying a static graphic image on the screen. Calling the image could done by the HMI polling a PLC register that identifies which image should be displayed for which recipe, and then the HMI can call up (from its memory) and display the associated image. Or if the HMI handles the recipes then program the HMI so that appropriate image loads and displays along with the required recipe.
Calling the image or a screen in 1 HMI is simple enough. I need to do this in 4 locations on separate screens. I am trying to figure out how to do this using 1 PC instead of buying 4 HMIs.

I have used the PLC to call HMI screens. Simple enough. The issue I am not sure how to resolve is the multiple screens showing different images. Would FTV SE do this? If these s

Calling the image or a screen in 1 HMI is simple enough. I need to do this in 4 locations on separate screens. I am trying to figure out how to do this using 1 PC instead of buying 4 HMIs.
There may be an option called "multi unit displaying "..

Try to have a search on FactoryTalk View Machine Edition (ME) SOFTWARE or Maybe
FactoryTalk ViewPoint/Mobile

There is a feature for acccessibilty from remote ...or on multi units "panel view/dashboard "Hmis datas displaying...

All is well described in FVT VE SE edition user manual ..

Looks like you will need to create /design a network implementing HMI server addition/insertion ...

Have a cereful read on that document is what i can advise here...

You only need 1 HMI development server. The other 3 machines will be clients. Your sales rep should be able to help with this.

Also, one could use remote desktop protocol. I just do not have enough knowledge of what you wish to achieve to make in depth recommendations.