Op25 Program Conversion

Z

Zahid Ali Khan

Hi Dears,

we have two OP25(Controlling two master drives on profibus L2-dp) with our plc S5, cpu 948 and IM308C. One Op25 became faulty. Now we want to control both master drives with one op25. I converted screens in working op25 through copy past. tag automatically copy with screen. I also assign keys for screen controls. I checked op25 offline all screen control is OK and tag assignment also OK.

Now problem is both op25 have different area of pointer.
faulty op25 have DB96 DW0 length 255.
working op25 have DB176 DW0 Length 255.
If I do not use or copy area pointer to new program.
What Happen?
Is it work for both drives?
what mean of area pointer? while tag have there own address for example speed drive one DB10 Dw46.

please help me before connecting op25 to profi bus.
Regards,

Rox Tech Engineering.
Township Lahore,
Pakistan.

I haven't used the OP25, but if it is like the OP15 then each OP needs a datablock for its own communications scratch pad use. This datablock is completely separate from the addresses you are actually interested in, and is used for handshaking and other such purposes.

There may be an FB in the PLC program which is handling the PLC side of the handshaking (possibly numbered something like FB52, or something similar to that). That FB would be supplied by Siemens and is initialised with the DB number on start up.