OPC client to connect to GE Fanuc 90-30

G

guiu

Hello everyone. I'm a "raw beginner" in this field. I'd like to communicate via OPC to that kind of PLC. I use an OPC server that understands SRTP, and I'm searching for an OPC client "customized" for the GE Fanuc 90/30. Can anybody help me? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

guiu

The whole point of OPC is to have the server present data from an attached device generically to its client(s). It's the server, not the client, that has to be "customized".

I think you want to evaluate the available GE OPC servers to see which ones give you the information you need.

There are some distinctions to be made on the client side of OPC. Very few OPC clients offer a way to trigger a group write, for example, even though it's part of the OPC specifications. This a generic ability though. There should be nothing on an OPC client that has anything to do with the peculiarities of device connected to an OPC server.

Hummmm... of course the possibility of using any kind of SW that allows me to communicate directly to the PLC is also welcome! (avoiding using OPC as the way of communication). Any suggestions!?!? Thanks again.

Aha, I see. And what about specific SW to connect directly to a GE Fanuc? Do you know anything that fits? Thanks a lot for your help. I am a little lost since lot of theese things are new for me.

guiu

F

Fred Loveless

Since the PLC does not have an OPC DA Server built into it you only have one option. That is to obtain an OPC server that can communicate with the PLC via the SRTP protocol. Kepware's GE Ethernet Driver in its OPC Server will to that for you. Go to http://www.kepware.com and download the full function demo. If you have any questions on how to use it you can contact the Technical Support group for help.

E-mail: [email protected]
PH: 1-888-KEPWARE (537-9273)

Fred Loveless
Support Manager
Kepware Technologies