OPC / DDE / Redundant Servers

B

Brian E Boothe

is there any CODE level programmers out there that wanna Discuss OPC / DDE topics / Distributed Computing / Thin client Arch..???
Anyone have Networking Acumen to Describe Redundant Server Setup... in an RS-View / Rs-Linx Enviroment...

P
If the only tool you have is a nail, then every solution requires a hammer.

Transl: Why use RSView RSLinX in that appl?

Check out Iconics Genesis32 with their WebHMI and DataWorX applications. TRUE thin client (no Terminal Sevices Junk) and redundancy that will switch you over to the backup OPC server instantly if your primary goes down. I set WebHMI and Genesis this morning on a Fuel Cell machine and it was a snap. NO SCRIPTING, no BATCH Files, no hard-coding. Put away the pocket protector, no network-nerderey required for this one. Have many installed ref's for you on this. Less money, more rapid development, lower annual maintenance fees...

Also, don't want your PC to go down? Check out Stratus computers' TOTALLY available (that's right, not HIGHLY available - TOTALLY available) servers. They are big bucks, but they eliminate the need for "stupid pet tricks" with software because they incorporate TRIPLE MODE redundancy. NO, I don't sell them - but they're so cool, they take the wrinkles outta my pocket protector!

I have some good guys for you to talk to about this if you are interested I will pass their names etc.. on to you. Just email me.

Paul Burke
[email protected]