OPC RSlinx to Controllogix through Ethernet

R

Robert Quiroz

I want to get some tags from a control logix plc through a Ethernet Card on a remote chasis. It cannot be on the local chasis because I am using the redundant module. Speed is important and I want to set this tags on the schedule portion of ControlNet. This information is going to be gathered at a computer with an OPC client connected to RSLinx as an OPC server. Can anybody tell me if it is possible to get this tags on the schedule portion of the controlnet network and the Ethernet card consume them?.

J

James Ingraham

Sort of. Ethernet doesn't use the produce/consume model. Nonetheless, if you have tags in a ControlLogix processor that are consumed from another processor, then you just point to those tags like they were any other tags. There's no difference as far as RSLinx is concerned. If by "remote rack" you mean a rack without a processor then you set up the remote rack as I/O, and then make aliases to those points. Again, RSLinx doesn't care; you just look at the tagnames.

R

Robert Quiroz

OK sounds good, but the information has to travel from the Processor through the Controlnet network to the Ethernet module. Right??? Now the Controlnet network has "two portions", schedule and unscheduled. The information is going to travel on the unshedule portion or the schedule portion of Controlnet??? BTW with remote rack I mean the Ethernet module is on a rack with out processor but has a CNBR module.