OPC Servers

J

Jeremy Richard

Let me first explain my setup. PC running Wonderware and communicating to AB Control Logix and a data aquisition system over ethernet. I am using Ingear OPC server for WW/PLC communication. My DAQ also has an OPC Server. Is there any easy/free way to exchange Data between the 2 OPC Servers. I realize I can go from the DAQ to WW then to the PLC, but it isn't very efficient. I know I can also write a VB app to do the exchange, but I don't think it is worth the time. Are there other options?

P
You use an OPC Gateway to exchange data between OPC Servers. You can get them from

IOServer ioserver.com
Matrikon matrikon.com
Northen Dynamic nordyn.com

Features you should look for are:
ease of configuration and operation
bulk configuration from text file
online edits
transfers of arrays
good diagnostics

R

R. E. Schroeder

I'm not sure if this will help, but you may try contacting Andover Controls, in Andover, Mass. They recently developed an OPC server that runs on ethernet. It is compatible with their controllers and third party OPC clienet applications including Wonderware, Matrikon, Intellution, Osi etc. The OPC server is installed on the same workstation as the OPC client softwaer and shares the same ethernet network as the third-party systems.
Try contacting them @ 1-978-470-0555.
Good luck...

> Let me first explain my setup. PC running Wonderware and communicating to AB Control Logix and a data aquisition system over ethernet. I am using Ingear OPC server for WW/PLC communication. My DAQ also has an OPC Server. Is there any easy/free way to exchange Data between the 2 OPC Servers. I realize I can go from the DAQ to WW then to the PLC, but it isn't very efficient. I know I can also write a VB app to do the exchange, but I don't think it is worth the time. Are there other options?
>