OPC with Honeywell TPS APP NODE & Simatic S7

K

krk

Hi,

Anyone has the experience of using matrikon opc data manager to communicate with honeywell APP node (HCI.TPNserver) and Siemens S7 OPC server (OPC.SimaticNet). Trying to establish bidirectional communication with them.

Please reply.
Regards,

B
Have you got a data historian system that can read the data in to first using a true OPC Client ? It is often less problematic than trying to connect 2 OPC Servers directly. This kind of setup is notoriously bad at recognizing interruptions in the Comms and you can often end up with flat lined data.

I have found both Matrikons OPC Data Manager and Emersons OPC Mirror to suffer in the same way. It can cause you a world of problems in the long run. Neither one, in my experience, is great at recovering after an outage either.

Best of luck.

Bill Graham
Industrial Thinking Ltd

A

Agung Prakasya

I don't think it's such a good idea - the "bidirectional" word (just like Bill said). First, what's the scenario so you want APPNode and Siemens to update each other? Are they connected to same instruments, so if one failed others can updates historian of the failed one? Still, I personally don't recommend it.

But, if you plan AppNode & Siemens OPCServer work as a redundant data collector (for historian, for example), -thus such will be unidirectional from both to Matrikon, and matrikon will do the rest- this will be fine, and I believe matrikon will do good.

I've tested Matrikon to connect to Siemens WinCC OPC Server and AppNode separately, it works fine, slightly better than others, including progs I made myself.

W

Wassim Daoud

Hello there,

All you need to do is to open the data manager configuration panel and create shared points. Shared points simply are points connecting the two opc items between the two opc server. I recommned you contact us for this:
1-877-OPC-4ALL

Wassim Daoud
Global Solutions Architect
MatrikonOPC