OPCLink with OPC Browse problems on OPC Factory Server

J

Jesse A.

I'm using Wonderware IO Server OPCLink 8.0, to connect my InTouch application to Schneider OPC Factory Server 3.2.

When I try to connect to remote node on a LAN, I can't use the OPC Browse function with a message:
"Cannot fill list of OPC Servers from remote registry, Access is denied".
But I could browse the local node with OPCLink.

I have configured the DCOM Security settings to allow everyone for Local & Remote access, activation and launch. I don't know what kind of another permission should I configure.

Need any kind of help, please.

1. The easiest way is to install OPCLink and OPC Server on the same PC (remote node). You can reach data from InTouch via LAN by SuiteLink.

2. Install OPC Server on your InTouch PC ( software only ). It makes records in windows registry. You should be able select OPC server from list in OPCLink. Do not connect to local OPC server, use your remote server.

Lubo

That is my default configuration.

OPCLink and OFS (OPC Server) in every PC, so the OPC Client (InTouch) could communicate with remote OPCLink via SuiteLink through local OPCLink. Just as the OPCLink Help recommends.

but it still doesn't work.
Even the local OPCLink returns
Tagname.Quality = 0, eventhough the OPCLink states the status of the Items as GOOD.

Is there any fault on the OFS Server?
I have used the OPC path on OPCLink Topic Definition, for example:
AliasName!%MW10
with Application Name "OPCLINK"

but it seems the data is not sent by the PLC.

When I use the OFS Client, I browse the
AliasName!%MW10
and it reads a random value, why is that?
eventhough, when I check it with PL7 Pro Animation Tables, it shows that the current value is in the range of 410-412.

the PLC is Telemecanique Modicon Micro TSX 37-22 version 1.0.

Try to install another OPC client to your InTouch PC or to the OPC server PC. I use Matrikon (free download from www.matrikon.com) for trubleshooting problems like You have. It is user friendly and its error messages are reasonable. Then try to read data from OPC server.

I'm doing this just for my undergraduate final project, so I can't spend anymore money to buy a new OPC Server & OPC Client.
I solve the previous browse problems.

Now the problem is, it reads the data with quality = 4, and some of the other variables changes variably between 24(Bad) & 192(Good). Eventhough the communication link seems fine.

Well, I hope somebody who have experience with OPC Factory Server 3.2 could help me about this.

FactorySuite Gateway is another Wonderware server designed for OPC/InTouch cnnectivity. May offer a better solution. FSG is free and also found on the Device Driver CD I beleive, if not avail. to download.