Open Channel Flume Flow


Thread Starter

Bob Langie

We need a good source for flumes to measure flow from sewers, irrigation and storm water run off. What types are best for each application and why?
It depends.

Here's some reading material:

Doug Grant's flow book: available from your local ISCO rep.
Instrumentation Reference Book 3rd Edition, by yours truly, available on Amazon
US Bureau of Reclamation's Water Measurement Manual, available on their website
Instrument Engineer's Handbook, by Liptak et al, available from ISA and Amazon

Walt Boyes

Control magazine
Putman Media
555 West Pierce Road, Suite 301
Itasca, IL 60143-2649
Ph. 630-467-1300 ext. 368
Fx. 253-981-0285
[email protected]

Derrick Stableford

We use Milltronics (now Siemens) Hydranger units all the time, and find them very effective on open flume flow measurement. Very reliable and quite straight forward to set up.

Note the flume and weir plates must conform to recognised standard forms for any accurate measurements, no matter whose instrument you chose.

Derrick Stableford
Cema Ltd