Open Source SCADA systems

N

novo

I’m an italian student, and I need some information about existing (and possibly evolving) Open Source SCADA systems. I’ve read about Puffin SCADA, it seems very interesting though maybe far from a “definitive” release. Are there other options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx!

J
I'm curently seeking for SCADA solutions in the Open Source Community, but it seems that they are far from MS + OPC environments.

Here's the bricks I'm going to use to compile a complete framework under linux for manufacturing, My project's name is Open Source Industrial Information Systems.

DataAcquisition => Applicom
DataBase => MySQL
HMI => QWT (qt widget for manufacturing)
or GTK+ (with glade IDE)
Web Services => Apache
Scripting => Compiled C
Business layer => Linux services
COM/DCOM => POSIX inter process/ RPC

On October 3, 2003, JP Bruyère wrote:
> Here's the bricks I'm going to use to compile a complete framework
> under linux for manufacturing, My project's name is Open Source
> Industrial Information Systems.

Yeah, we're rather lacking in mortar, though; interfacing between already existing projects is really the #1 priority in the "Linux in Control" world now.

> DataAcquisition => Applicom

COMEDI is the undisputed leader for DAQ boards.

> DataBase => MySQL
> HMI => QWT (qt widget for manufacturing)
> or GTK+ (with glade IDE)

Check out Visual and PVbrowser.

> Web Services => Apache
> Scripting => Compiled C

For the non-critical sections, you might use python - easier for non-technical users, and integrates with Zope-based intranets. Then there's things like IEC 61131-3...

> Business layer => Linux services
> COM/DCOM => POSIX inter process/ RPC

Other projects to check are OROCOS, EMC, ClassicLadder, MatPLC, etc.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[email protected]> http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jirib
MAT LinuxPLC project --- http://mat.sf.net --- Machine Automation Tools

J

JP Bruy&egrave;re

I completely agree to the fact that collaborative attitude is the key...
But my special case was that I was trying to collect enough informations to convince belgian industrial integrators to consider linux as a solution, that is far from the market reality for now. Every body talk about OPC and DOTNET. I'm triyng to make a link between actual situation and open source solutions. We should consider linux emergeance as a transition and not a revolution.

Comedi is dedicated to embeded PC data acquisition, not PLC network interfacing. Althought i think Linux + strong DA PC cards is a realy good solution, it's not realistic for now for large scale automation projects. PLC manufacturers will be a bit more difficult to push out of the scene.

Applicom has the know how for interfacing with all the major PLC manufacturer! They are releasing a driver for linux. Althought it would be defficult to turn them completely to Open Source, it's a prety good solution for now. And they need interrest to continue in that way.

J

JP Bruy&egrave;re

It seems that the end of my post was cutted!
(Big brother is still watching??????)
So here is the next part....

For PV browser it's a realy good job.
But for me the best way to build supervision screen is to use a Vectorial drawing pgm. That can be use as a container for QWT, GTK or other....
I'm currently studying Sodipodi and plan to extend it's functionnality to animation, scripting(VBA).

Sodipodi is using SVG 1.0 standart and XML for drawing definition. More over, Addobe and other are working on the SVG standarts and release some standard client as browser pluggin. Interresting....no???

Tell me about your feeliing..

Thank you for your reaction...and sorry for my arrogance.

Greetings

JP

Data Flow Systems HyperTACII HMI runs on Redhat Linux using MySQL and Internet Explorer or Netscape to connect. The project is not open source, but the closest you might get to it.

M

Matthew Lohbihler

In fact there is now an open source alternative. See http://mango.serotoninsoftware.com. Mango M2M is browser-based, Ajax-enabled M2M software that enables users to access and control electronic sensors, devices, and machines over multiple protocols simultaneously. It provides an interface with which diverse data sources can be created and configured along with an intuitive rules engine for setting up access, monitoring, alerts, data logging, control, transformation, and communication.