OpenController - what version does the source belong to?

M

Michael Griffin

I had a brief look at the source code, and it appears to contain "ifdef" pragmas for both MS-Windows and Linux. This means that both versions are covered in the same set of source files, with the differences being compiled in according to the appropriate "ifdef" (i.e. #ifdef _WINDOWS ...MS-Windows code... #else ...Linux/Unix code... #endif). This is a pretty common way of maintaining portable code, as it is easier to maintain than having different versions of the program for different operating systems. In the samples that I looked at, the amount of code that had to be covered this way was fairly small.

There were also pragmas for the GNU versus Borland compilers. I would assume that you would need the Borland compiler for MS-Windows. I believe the command line version of the Borland compiler is free (as in "free of charge"). You should be able to find this somewhere (likely at borland.com). I didn't look closely enough to see if the program was written to let you use the GNU compiler to compile for MS-Windows.

It would also appear that you would need the wxWidgets library. This was until recently known as wxWindows, so you may see it referenced in the source code in places as wxWindows. wxWidgets/wxWindows is a cross platform GUI (and other elements) library. The wxWidgets library is free (you should be able to find this using Google).

Hello,

Well, if you downloaded the tarball, you're entitled to the source. That's what the GPL says.

Try unpacking the tarball - most likely there'll be instructions for building both types of binaries in there. If there aren't, or if you can't find them, contact the developer(s) to ask for help... That would be the user dpn on SourceForge.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[email protected]> http://www.baum.com.au/~jiri