PacSci software enable?

P

ProToCall

What's the IML command you have to send over the RS-232 wire to turn Software Enable on?

I read the IML spec and it led me to guess that I'd use the "set parameter" command to set SWE to 1 like this:
!SWE=1

But that doesn't work. In fact, the drive ignores it altogether. Also, "SWE" doesn't appear in the list of "IML Special Parameters" at the end of the document. (I've tried and failed to find this document on the pacsci.com site. I got my copy by email from a sales rep.)

But "SWE" DOES appear in the list of "Configuration Variables" in the appendix of the matoolpac.pdf file that accompanies the ToolPac software download (http://www.pacsci.com/support/documents/setup.exe ). Not that that clarifies anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

Gerald Beaudoin

I recall having a similar problem with one of the older models of PacSci servos. The eventual solution was indeed to set SWE = 1. If I remember correctly, you had to be offline to do this??? or there was some other peculiarity to be ing able to modify this parameter... it's been a couple of years. But that was definitely the one that hung us up and took us a while to work out... was certainly NOT intuitive. You did not mention the model #
of the servo you are playing with. If you want to contact me off list... maybe?? I can be of some assistance.

Gerald Beaudoin
[email protected]