PakScan Link to PLC

F

Fuujin22

I have a project which is about PakScan. I explain the system below:

Old System - PakScan link to PC, on which is installed PakVision by RS-485.

New System - PakScan link to PLC then PLC up link to HMI for user interface.

As I study this system I have 2 options:

1. Pakscan --Modbus 485--> PLC Modbus --In PLC--> PLC Ethernet/IP --Ethernet/IP--> HMI

2. Pakscan --In PakScan--> PS60X Ethernet port Conversion--Ethernet/IP--> PLC Ethernet/IP --Ethernet/IP--> HMI

I ask everybody who is familiar or has implemented this system help me to suggest and review my idea.

P.S. MOV + PakBox more than 400 ea.

I've implemented a Pakscan to a PLC using Modbus 485 about 4-5 years ago. I cannot speak for the ethernet, however, I would probably lean towards the Ethernet for faster data access - depending on how much information you're polling. By the way - Pakscan was overkill for the project I worked on and there were many issues with faulty comm cards.

J

Jerry Miille

You could consider our Omnii-Comm product with Ethernet port
http://www.miille.com/266-P00-Ethernet.pdf It has serial ports that can be configured for Modbus 485 and one or two Ethernet ports. Each Ethernet port can operate with Modbus/TCP or Ethernet/IP and they can do this simultaneously. If your only goal is to get Modbus RS485 converted to Ethernet/IP so the HMI can view the PakScan data you would not need the PLC at all.

Jerry Miille