PanelBuilder32 and PanelView1000

D

Dan

I'm having to build a PV application without an actual Panelview, so I can't experiment. I'm doing a project with PB32 for a standard PanelView 1000. How do you link the Move Up/down buttons to a specific tag or control? I wanted to set a tag value with an Inc/Dec entry thats part of a controller station graphic with its own arrows. On the same page, I want a control list selector with associated arrows to select one of several variables to be affected. Can this be done? I've been all over the 'net, Rockwell and AB docs, etc.

Also, when mapping 2,16-bit tags to a 32-bit DeviceNet input, what is the correct way to specify the high-order word as the destination of the second 16-bit value? ie: if tag1 goes to I:5, can I address tag2 to I:5/16?

Thanks
Dan

S

ScienceOfficer

Dan---

You are facing a huge burden, without a PanelView to test with. Try borrowing a demo from your Allen-Bradley contacts. Even if it is not
exactly the same as your target, it will help you answer questions like this.

The List Keys (e.g., Move Up, Move Down, Enter, etc.) work on the active object if there is more than one on the screen. If a screen has multiple
objects that use the List Keys, the active object has an indicator bar on the left. This stuff is covered in the manual and help files for
PanelBuilder32, but becomes instantly obvious when you are working on a real PanelView. The information you seek isn't a function of the List
Keys, it's a function of object selection.

On your DeviceNet mapping question, note that DNet is byte-oriented, and the structure of multiple-byte transmissions is an issue to be handled by the scanner (if you are using polled data) or the target (if you are using explicit messaging). That is, you don't resolve this issue in the PanelView, you resolve it at the other device.

Hope this helps!

Larry Lawver
Rexel / Central Florida