Panelview 1000 dual function

H

Howard

Hi all,
I'm new here and new to PLC's and Panelviews.
I have set up a panelview 1000 to run a machine at a Gyprock factory in which I work as an electrician. The problem I have is I have a screen where the operators push a function key (say F2) and then make a numerical entry. There are 5 of these functions on the one page (F2-F6) each allowing a different numerical entry for a different section of the machine.

In the graphics I have a small box yellow box with 'F2' in it so the operator knows which function key relates to which numerical entry. I would like to make that yellow box turn red when that function is selected.

I know how to make the colours change with the different states but I don't know how to make that bit change states at the same time as selecting the numerical entry via the 'F2' key. Basically, I want to make the F2 symbol/graphic turn from yellow to red at the same time aa allowing the numerical entry.
Hope this makes sense??!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Howard

I know exactly what you mean. I have tons of experience with this. What you want to do can not be done. Panelviews just can not do that.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Now I'm disappointed. I thought that would be a very basic operation.
I'll have to re-think my layout.

Best wishes
Howard

You can do this by using the F2 button push to set a bit in the plc and then use this bit to change the state of the indicator button. It isn't exactly at the same time, you have the short network time to the plc and back (whatever that may be in your case), but it is close enough for my in my applications.