panelview 1200

P

Peter Berry

Hi there all

Thanks in advance for any information passed on. To explain first, i am setting up some small plc models useing A B plc 5/03 and have come into contact with an old panelview 1200. Now this unit was around the 1995 vintage. can any one supply some information on this situation? i need to know if the panelbuilder 32 software can program this otherwise unsupported panelview or is there other software that supports the 1200 series panelview? it was
suggested by another site that the panelbuilder32 software was not necessary or not used but some type of file transfer function was used instead, which leaves me just as much in the dark as when I started about reprogramming the panelview1200 unit.

Peter Berry

The Panelview 1200 and 1400 were programmed using a 16 bit version of PanelView software, I cannot remember if it was Dos or not though. It was an Allen Bradley product and you may find reference to it on the software update section of their website. A file transfer function was used, much the same as using direct connection in PV32 instead of the RSLinx network.

B

Bob Peterson

IIRC, you cannot cannot use the RSLinx driver to do this, but have to use the DF1 driver built in to the transfer utility.

Bob Peterson

I wonder if you are only downloading the application or you need to edit it?, if you need to edit you canot use the Panelbuilder32, there is a software to do this, is the Panelbuilder1400, if I were you I start visiting the www.ab.com and look for HMI section.

Hope this information helps you

Have a happy new year and prosper 2005!!!

Best regards.

A

Antonio Guerra

First of all there's no way for the 5/03 to work together unless you add a 1747-SN (I think) RIO scanner module, to make them work together. Then the Panelbuilder 1400 should open the 1200 file. However, I faced that particular situation, and had to go back to using the old DOS SW, to get the application to work.

L

larry abrams

we have the panelview32 software and it doesn't support the pv1200 which we also have. We have been unable to upload from the pv1200 the application so we can transfer it to a new pv1400.

we've tried the file transfer util 32 to upload but so far haven't been able to talk to the pv1200. we've tried all the 25-9 pin cables allen bradley told us to but still no joy.

thanks larry