Panelview Plus to ControlLogix via DH+

T

tech_guru

Using a PVP1000 with a 2711P-RN6 DH+ module, going to a 1756-DHRIO controllogix module and trying to talk to processor.

Have my target setup a a PLC 5/80E and have done the PLC5 mapping in my controllogix but can't get communications going.

If I change the path to go serial to the processor it works! Any help? I need to go DH+ per customer spec.

S

ScienceOfficer

tech_guru---

You already know that this problem is like going from Detroit to Chicago via Dallas, so I won't dwell on that...

The problem has to be in your "Target" path. Your PLC-5 mapping must be right if the DF1 path works. The DF1 "Target" path is much simpler than the DH+ path through the DHRIO module and backplane. I suspect that your DH+ "Target" shortcut is the problem.

Please consider contacting Rockwell's Technical Response Center at 440-646-5800 if you can't quickly resolve this. PanelViewPlus has been with us for just three months now, and the tech support folks have been a tremendous asset in solving problems like this in one phone call.

Hope this helps!

Larry Lawver
Rexel / Central Florida

Check the setup screen in the PV. Make sure the max connections number is high enough. Also make sure that it's 485 network ID (address) is not the same as the controllers; I beleive that it is by default.