parallel port interfacing using vb 6

My project similar to his project which using VB 6 for interfacing to the home automation (magnetic locking system). how to send the data to the port and how can we enable the port?

hi! actually,im working on tc. my problem is i want to read a pulse or spike at a regular interval. but i cant write in vb. i need to count total no of pulses that strucks the port and finally releasing the no of pulses the pc has counted. pls help me out,sir.

thanku
shahrukh

D
Hello I have done much task in it.These days I am trying to make a robot controlled wirelessly by parallel port.I can help you in this matter.

Write to me at the following address: [email protected]. Include "parallel port help" in the subject line of your mail.

(I am mechanical engineering final year student in IIT, Roorkee( India )). If you want I can give you the postal address also.

Deepak Verma.

> Hello Mr Deepak Verma.
iam khalid shah iam final year student of Bs IT ,iam doing my project on contorlling home devices ,i want help from u that how i interface it through vb .plz if u have any idia plz send me and plz write me on my hotmail id [email protected]
i will thank ful to u

hello!
we are engg. student in ahmedabad.
we are to design computerised cardiogram for our project.
we are badly requiring parallel interfacing with computer.
so please send me the programs.
thanking in advance.
my address is [email protected]

the solution for u r problem Mr.Rajeeve is , U should us a control called MSCOMM control in VB6, the control's property is given clearly in the MSDN Library tool. all the best.

Hi,
First you find the parallel port .[available in shops].then try to code it into it using VB.
if you came across an error while u r coding try to rectify it somehow .very simple.

I have used serial communication in my project. It was to get the reading from a digital weighing machine. for the code you can look for "serial communication" in visual basic help.

Hope this will help you.

for further help email at [email protected]