PCS7 and Simatic S7 with CFC & SCL

O

Olgierd Snieszko

I'm trying to move exsisting application software from version 4.2 of PCS7 to new computer with Simatic S7 v5.3, CFC v6.0 and SCL installed on it.
I have made archive file on v4.2 and successfuly retrived it on the computer with v5.3.
However when I try to open CFC chart with chart editor it gives me following error:

"Could not read the hierarchy folder. Your PCS 7 installation may be incomplette."

And here are my questions:

1. what is the difference between PCS7 and S7 with CFC and SCL

2. can anything be done to open CFC charts with v5.3 + CFC ?

Appreciate any feedback.
Olgierd Snieszko

> 1. what is the difference between PCS7 and S7 with CFC and SCL <

As you have noticed, PCS7 has a hierarchical view called plant view, that is not included in the CFC package, furthermore, PCS7 comes with a set of technological library functions complete with WinCC faceplates and symbols. e.g. valves, motors, controllers, dosing blocks.
PCS7 also contains a modified version of WinCC and a batch package. (Of course all options have to be licenced seperately)

> 2. can anything be done to open CFC charts with v5.3 + CFC ? <

Install PCS7 V6.1 which is te current version. However to upgrade the WinCC part from V4 you will have to upgrade to V5 first, as the upgrade to V6 can not handle the sybase 5 database format. In V5 sybase 7 was used and an upgrade tool from sybase 7 to MS-SQL server which is used in V6 is included on the DVD.