PCS7 Asset Management

Q

QuITtED

We are newly setting up this PCS7 DCS. The company had already bought the hardware & software for our specific application. Being new to this project & system (previously I used TELEPERM XP), I would like to know more of its capabilities and probably recommend our company for additional hardware &/or software to further optimize the system to suit our needs. In these regards, I would like to ask:

1. Is the PLANT ASSET MANAGEMENT/MAINTENANCE automatically integrated or a built-in functionality of the PCS7?

2. What additional software or hardware support do I need to have this feature?

3. How is it configured?

Also, I would like to know if there are any hardware conflicts having a S7 2x417-4H controller & a S7 300 series I/O's configuration?

1. SIMATIC PCS 7 System, Device and Plant asset management is an option that integrates with the Operator System and consists of an additional maintenance station.

It offers asset management information around system components, PCs, Ethernet switches, Profibus DP, PA and Foundation Fieldbus devices and also covers plant assets (e.g. pumps, etc.)

2. You will need a license for the engineering system (flat fee). And a run-time license for the maintenance server, the last one depends on the number of asset objects.

3. Asset management is configured through automatic graphic and function block generation tools that are part of the Engineering System. Based on the hardware configuration the system sets up Asset management automatically.

The standard redundant IO for a AS (S7) 417-2H (redundant) controller is ET200M, which uses the same IO modules as the S7-300. Note that you should use High Feature (HF) IM153 modules and use so named Bus Modules to create a Backplane for run-time insert/removal of IO modules.

The PCS 7 catalog lists all released modules with varying density and diagnostics on the IO.

Ronald

QuITtED, what kind of experience you have with TXP? I also work with TXP. If you're willing to share knowledge and experience, please send email at:

brobigi(at)yahoo.com