PID simulation in archives

J

J. Young

Has anyone built an RSLogix file using Russel Kinner's PLC5 PID simulation in the archives of control.com?

I entered it as published in the PDF file "PLC_Paper_Appendix.pdf". There is something missing?? Are there missing JSRs between files?
Or are these files computing values for the PID block?

I have little experience with the PLC PID block and I am lost.

I am using an emulator and can set discrete or analog values through RSLinx.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
jeanne young

T

Trevor Ousey \(list\)

Hi Jeanne,

There does appear to be code omitted with this program. It purpose appears to be to simulate the field devices of a PID controlled loop, you will still need to create the code for the PID control as well. The program has one JSR parameters used but no SBR to bring the parameters into a file. As for using it in the emulator, that should be fine. I use the emulator quite often to check functionality.

Cheers,
Trevor.

R
Sorry I didn't have a chance to look at the daily automation.com posts summary until today... You got the author who is still in the business (2 jobs since the paper was written, but still trying to control things).

Please send your code to my r.kinner(at)ieee.org address and I will take a look at it. Since I wrote the code almost 10 years ago I don't remember exactly how I did it but I believe I used a timed interupt to trigger the code on a periodic basis.

Regards,
Russ Kinner

SSOE Inc.
7600 N 16th St., Suite 200
Phoenix, AZ 85020 USA