PID temperature control with SIEMENS S7

J

Joshua Akassa

Please, I want to use the PID temperature controller block of SIEMENS S7 PLC for my temperature controls. Can anyone help me on the steps to take in setting up the temperature control?

L

Luis Lourenço

</b>I have read your topic and I have the answer..

When you use FB58

You have to configure several variables, i think you know all, its in the FAQ Information of FB58.

The after all ready, you can creat a variable table for use with controllor, just for try..

Set Nominal Temperatur for 0 (SP_INT)
Then wait 5 sec and set again for ex: 120º

Then wait and look at the phases of the process at (TUN_PHASE):

Ate the end you will see the result in STATUS_H and STATOS_D.

anything,just ask

my e-mail, [email protected]

J

Jan Steen Nielsen

Hello Joshua (and others, that might read this)

I recently retired from my working-life and want to help younger programmers with a lot of useful Functions for Simatic S7-300 PLC, also an easy-to-use PID-Controller, that I like to mail to you, for free of cause.

I have also send my work to Control.com for free downloading, but it takes some time before they can establish an Archive for such kind of work.

In the meantime you have to mail directly to me.

Regards
Jan Steen Nielsen, Denmark
L-N [at] mbox301.get2net.dk

D

Darko Dobrijevic

Dear Mr. Nielsen,

As a novice in PLC programing I have had some trouble understanding PID block ( FB 41), could you please send me an simple example.

Kind regards,
Darko Dobrijevic, vidjeh [at] yahoo.ca

these are my first days with s7-300 plc and i like to get some information about it i am looking for help

email: hsaraid [at] yahoo.com

The first step to to get some information about S7-300 is go to Siemens web-site and searching documentation on programming languages.

S

Shahid Waqas

The first step would be visit the Siemens website (support.automation.siemens.com), and go through the "Getting Started" Manual. It is a decently written first-step manual to kick-start your Simatic experience and get you familiar with the Simatic Manager software.

The next step is to get the LAD/FBD manual from the site. The manual has quite a few examples for using all the difference function blocks. Ladder is pretty straight-forward and standard on all PLC. FBD is also quite simple.

The next one would be getting the STL manual. It is a little more advanced. The easiest way to understand STL is to grab an old program and understand what is happening.

There used to be a small reference pocket-book which list all the different function blocks/language parameters in all the S7 standard languages (FBD/LAD/STL). I think they are based on individual CPU families of S7. (I believe is should still be available)

Siemens published some real excellent books. Some of the interesting ones are:
1. Automating with Step 7 in LAD and FBD
2. Automating with Step 7 in STL and SCL
3. Step 7 in 7 Steps (Recommended)

In addition, Siemens Energy & Automation (SEA) has some nice downloadable books for a program they called STEP. I don't remember if they covered the S7-300/400 or only the 200

Good Luck!
Shahid

J

Jan Steen Nielsen

Another link is available for Mr. Jan Steen
Nielsen's functions as free downloading:

http://www.controlwiki.com

Select "PLC Archive"
Select "PID controller"
Download "Blokke.zip" under the blue text.
"Blokke.zip" must be unpacked from Simatic S7
software under "File"+"Retrieve"
Among the PID-controller (FB121) you also find a
lot of other useful functions, all setup as
ONLINE simulation in OB1 as a little program.
Hope you get the help you need.

J

Jan Steen Nielsen

Controlwiki.com has my old file 'Blokke.zip' for free downloading under 'PID Control', but now I have made some major improvements, open up most of the blocks for free looking and also giving detailed intructions how to adjust the PID-Controller etc.

This new version is now renamed as 'Blocks#1.zip'.

As a retired engineer I think it's OK to mail this file to all who want it, because I like to help younger engineers to make the daily work more easy - if I can.

e-mail: [email protected]2net.dk

Please tell which country you live in, because I like to see how wordwide my product can get.

<b>moderator's note: will get the new file up on controlwiki soon</b>