Paul Lacatus

I have a big problem. I have to use PL7-07 V3.0, that I am using for
programming TSX Nano PLCS, with a new laptop that came with windows XP
professional and the biggest problem at all it does not have serial port
anymore, just an USB to SERIAL adapter. First of all the unitelway
driver that came with the PL707 does not work under XP even on native
serial ports. Now to make it run with a virtual serial port seems to me
a interesting job to do...

Can somebody gave me some hints about this problem?

Thanks
Paul

It works fine on my computer, which is a Compaq Presario 2100 with a built in serial port. I loaded PL7 Micro software first so I had the newest unitelway driver for XP. Even though I was told by Square D that PL7-07 would not work with XP, it did (I don't have the latest version of PL7-07 software either). The proper Unitelway driver for XP was automatically loaded with PL7 Micro, but if you download the proper stand alone unitelway driver for XP and load it, it should work.

S
My boss has the same problem. What I would suggest you try is getting hold of some disk partitioning software such as partition magic, creating a small FAT partition to allow you to install PL707 there, which might let the software run, but this would not solve the virtual COM port problem.

It is a shame that Telemecanique can't give an answer to this one as there are a lot of us in this situation. The only sure answer is to get an old laptop running 95 just for this software!

P

Paul Lacatus

>My boss has the same problem. What I would suggest you try is getting hold of some disk partitioning software such as partition magic, creating a small FAT partition to allow you to install PL707 there, which might let the software run, but this would not solve the virtual COM port problem.

The software , PL7-07 , is working ok under XP only the communication with the PLC is the problem !

>It is a shame that Telemecanique can't give an answer to this one as there are a lot of us in this situation. The only sure answer is to get an old laptop running 95 just for this software!

No problem to put w95 on any laptop but w95 has some problems in recognizing and working with USB ports

Paul

P

Paul Lacatus

>It works fine on my computer, which is a Compaq Presario 2100 with a built in serial port. I loaded PL7 Micro software first so I had the newest unitelway driver for XP. Even though I was told by Square D that PL7-07 would not work with XP, it did (I don't have the latest version of PL7-07 software either).

I don't have the PL7 Micro software.:)

> The proper Unitelway driver for XP was automatically loaded with PL7 Micro, but if you download the proper stand alone unitelway driver for XP and load it, it should work.

Can you tel me an address to download this unitelway driver for XP. I am loking for it for some days !

Paul

Here is the link I found for the unitelway driver:

http://www.modicon.com/85256AE8006D78B7/all/852566B70073220C85256C7D005BCDEB!OpenDocument

If that does not work here is how to get there:

go to http://www.modicon.com/ControlSoftware/pl7/index.html then click Loadables

Load the unitelway driver first, then load the PL7-07 software. I use Windows XP home edition, PL7-07 v3.1, and unitelway driver V1.4 IE08. I skipped the changes to autoexec.bat and config.sys when I loaded PL7-07. I did not change anything in the PIF file that runs the PL7-07 software, but you do have the option of running the program in Windows 95,98, or ME mode from there as well as some other options. If you create a shortcut to the PL7-07 program, then right click on the shortcut and choose Properties, that is the PIF file. It is like a shortcut for DOS programs.

I can't say anything for sure except this does work on my laptop even though Square D told me it would not. I do have a native serial port, though. You may have trouble with a USB serial port, in which case you could get a PCMCIA card serial port which I have heard much better things about.

Carlo

I know this is a very very old thread, but after a 17 years I am having the same problem, a little bigger because now is harder to find information and software, we have a Dust collector that has been working good for many years, but now I found a problem with a PLC TSX Nano (TSX 07 31 1628, SV: 3.1) I don't have the driver and Software to access, it is the run LED flashing, so it is in stop mode, I need to run it with the computer, somebody still have the software and driver to connect my pc to the plc, I can get an old computer and run a old OS. Please let me know.

Thanks
Martin

I know this is a very very old thread, but after a 17 years I am having the same problem, a little bigger because now is harder to find information and software, we have a Dust collector that has been working good for many years, but now I found a problem with a PLC TSX Nano (TSX 07 31 1628, SV: 3.1) I don't have the driver and Software to access, it is the run LED flashing, so it is in stop mode, I need to run it with the computer, somebody still have the software and driver to connect my pc to the plc, I can get an old computer and run a old OS. Please let me know.

Thanks
Martin
I HAVE SAME PROBLEMTSXNANO.gif

J’ai un gros problème. Je dois utiliser PL7-07 V3.0, que j’utilise pour
programmation TSX Nano PLCS, avec un nouvel ordinateur portable qui est venu avec Windows XP
professionnel et le plus gros problème du tout, il n’a pas de port en série
plus, juste un adaptateur USB à SERIAL. Tout d’abord l’unitelway
pilote qui est venu avec le PL707 ne fonctionne pas sous XP, même sur native
ports en série. Maintenant, pour le faire fonctionner avec un port de série virtuelle me semble
un travail intéressant à faire ...

Quelqu’un peut-il me donner quelques conseils sur ce problème?

Merci
Paul
LA VERSION 3.0 NE FONCTIONNELLE PAS SUR WINDOWS XP, LES VERSION ANTERIEUR OUI