PLANTWEB in the Oil & Gas Industry

W

William

Is PLANTWEB suitable for the Oil & Gas Industry? Is it as robust and reliable as conventional DCS systems? I wish to talk to a Control Engineer presently involved with an Oil & Gas PLANTWEB installation! I wish to evaluate the possibility of retrofitting a PLANTWEB solution in a 20yr old pertochemical plant. However, I need tangible data from a PLANTWEB end user in the petrochemical industry!

yes, because scada has reability system and scada have integrated and distributed system at factory

R
Why are there no responses to this message? The pragmatists are not going to move ahead with Plantweb/Fieldbus until there are successful reference sites. The silence is deafening.

F

Frederix Rudi

I'm working for Kuwait Petroleum as engineering manager. We've installed a complete FF network with 6 segement and 96 smart transmitters.This network is connected to DELTA-V. We've also connected the Delta-V software via OPC with a Siemens S5 PLC and with the visualisation software Intouch of wonderware. I have no doubt waht so ever why you shouldn't use plantweb to automate you're plant. for more info [email protected]