PLC and Transformer in an Enclosure

M

matheusBatista

Hi there,

I have two questions. Well, is there how to monitor my output in my PLC without a sensor? For example, if I energize my VALVE (24VDC) throughout my PLC, is there a way to know if my solenoid was energized? (Without a magnetic sensor).

Second:

I'm currently working in a project where I have to use a transformer from 380 VAC to 220VAC. What is the best practice in this case, i. e., Have I to put my transformer in my control panel enclosure? Have I to energize my transformer and after that put my 3 phases in my disconnect switch and my PE direct connect in my terminal block and after in my main circuit breaker?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Hi,

>I have two questions. Well, is there how to monitor my
>output in my PLC without a sensor? For example, if I
>energize my VALVE (24VDC) throughout my PLC, is there a way
>to know if my solenoid was energized? (Without a magnetic
>sensor).

If you must confirm that something is ENERGIZED, you can use a current detector. It's a small donut shaped device that you pass the wire through and if current flows through the wire, it gives you a signal. That would not tell you that the valve actually MOVED, only that the valve was TOLD to move. If you want physical confirmation of it's operation, that needs either a magnetic or some other sensor, such as a proximity sensor of some sort. Then you must decide how MUCH information you want from that. Started to move? Finished moving? Whaere it stopped? It can get very complex depending on how important that is to you.

>Second:
>
>I'm currently working in a project where I have to use a
>transformer from 380 VAC to 220VAC. What is the best
>practice in this case, i. e., Have I to put my transformer
>in my control panel enclosure? Have I to energize my
>transformer and after that put my 3 phases in my disconnect
>switch and my PE direct connect in my terminal block and
>after in my main circuit breaker?

In general, transformer produce significant heat for putting them into a control panel, and if the panel is sealed against dust or moisture, it basically makes it impossible. the better method is to mount the transformer on the outside in some form of protected design.

Size the main 380 disconnect with circuit protection for the load for entire panel. Install a branch circuit protection for the transformer for the KVA. Mount the transformer on the outside of the panel to reduce heat.

S

sanjibkumar9

>I have two questions. Well, is there how to monitor my
>output in my PLC without a sensor? For example, if I
>energize my VALVE (24VDC) throughout my PLC, is there a way
>to know if my solenoid was energized? (Without a magnetic
>sensor).

By seeing the DO contact of PLC through relay. If relay is energised then command is given to SOV.