PLC Archive

J

Joe Jansen

Just a reminder that the PLC archive is operational, but seems to be suffering from a lack of contributors! If anyone needs help
performing conversions, etc. let me know, as I am sure we can find someone to help. Anyone who has SLC-500 programs that they need converted to PDF, send them directly to me, and I can do so.

I would like to see this project start taking shape again. We got some good initial contributions and interest, but it seems to have
died off. Let's try to keep this resource alive, as it will help all of us if we use it.

Thanks
Joe Jansen

M

Michael Griffin

Perhaps we should be soliciting particular submissions? That is, when a discussion occurs on a particular subject perhaps we could ask the people involved if any of them would like to submit a code example. A lot of
subjects which get discussed repeatedly would be good subjects for a code archive.
In addition, I would suggest that if any manufacturers or other such similar people have code examples which are intended to work with their products these would also be good candidates for submissions.

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada
[email protected]

J
>Perhaps we should be soliciting particular submissions? That is,
>when a discussion occurs on a particular subject perhaps we
>could ask the people involved if any of them would like to submit a code
>example. A lot of subjects which get discussed repeatedly would be good
>subjects for a code archive.

I have tried this, off-list, and although I get what sounds like enthusiastic agreement, nothing seems to materialize. I will continue to encourage as I see opportunities, however.

>In addition, I would suggest that if any manufacturers or other such
>similar people have code examples which are intended to work
>with their products these would also be good candidates for submissions.

Excellent Idea! I know that there are lurkers from Rockwell Automation, Siemens, and others. How about posting some of your sample code from the documentation on the Archive site? I will also ask, in open forum here, for permission from same companies to post the sample code from the documentation. For me, I would address RA
specifically for SLC sample code. I have a legal copy of the data disc CD set, so I would be willing to enter sample code from these onto the site, with appropriate permissions. Any corporates on the list that can get that for me? Or that already have it in ladder form that would be willing to convert to PDF and post?

Any one else that has ideas on generating support for the site, please let me know! I am still excited about this and want to see it really take off.

Thanks!

- --Joe Jansen
www.plcarchive.com

M

Michael Griffin

>>In addition, I would suggest that if any manufacturers or other such
>>similar people have code examples which are intended to work
>>with their products these would also be good candidates for submissions.
>
>Excellent Idea! I know that there are lurkers from Rockwell
>Automation, Siemens, and others.
<clip>
I was also thinking of people whose devices or machines are intended to be interfaced to a PLC. Some devices or components require a special handshake or interface logic when they are integrated into a machine, with some ways working better than others. These would be good subjects for the PLC archive.

Another idea is to put out some general requests for code samples for specific applications. For example "what is a good way to control a Bosch conveyor stop gate, or a Flex-Link stop gate"?
Still another thing we could try is to issue a challenge to see who could provide the "best" solution (according to specified criteria) for a stated problem. For example "what is the most compact possible algorithm for
grey to natural binary conversion"? Results of a challenge could be announced on this list (with the prize being undying fame amongst the august
personages present here).

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada
[email protected]

Hello,

I have sample PLC code for Modicon and A-B PLCs that cover a number of useful circuits. (I teach PLC courses so I have lots of examples). I will
try and get the Logic samples converted to PDF format and posted in the archive this weekend. If I don't get it done this weekend (Big civil war
football game in Oregon, GO Beavers) I will work on it over Thanksgiving.

There are some examples on our web site for adjusting PLC clocks for Daylight/Standard time settings automatically.

Bradley G. Hite
Intertech Inc
mailto:[email protected]
www.myplc.com

L

LUIS F. VILLEGAS

I think this deserve -and needs- some promotion. Take some time to learn Jim Pinto's techniques on his writings.

Just to mention two catching things this message could have had:
a link to the PLC archive itself; some very condensed but still very attractive comments about -let's say- the last two more interesting
contributions and their respective links.

just my 2 cents.

Luis Villegas.
Cali
Colombia.

J

John Kilkelly

How do I find this PLC archive ?
anyone have a Link to it
I'm looking for Siemens Step 7 examples
anything to do with the dairy industry.

thanks JK

J

Jennifer Powell

> How do I find this PLC archive ?

Hi John,
The PLC Archive is part of this site. You'll find the link on our home page, on the right hand side. There's also a direct link from the URL
http://www.plcarchive.org

> I'm looking for Siemens Step 7 examples
> anything to do with the dairy industry.

I'll forward your request to the Automation List too (it's the "parent" of this forum), in case others can supply what you're looking for. Replies will be posted here.

Jennifer Powell
Moderator & Editor, Control.com