PLC controlled pager system

T

Tom Bowman

I am trying to find a pager system that is controlled by a PLC in the following manner.

1. PLC experiences situation A, B, C ...
2. PLC pages group A, B, C... depending on situation.

We are planning on using a Mitsubishi Q-series PLC. But I would appreciate information regarding my situation using any PLC.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Why not send SMS messages to a mobile phone? I do it regularly using Omron CJ1 and CS1 PLCs. Drive straight out of serial port to a modem with a SIM card. Works like a charm.

C

Cliff Raeihle

I've set up a Moscad PLC to monitor 150 room alarms in a nursing home by connecting to the nurse call system. Since each room line can report three different alarms, I needed the PLC to analyze the timing of the alarm signals and send the appropriate page. The Moscad sends a short ASCII string to a Visiplex desktop paging encoder to report room number & type of alarm. The Visiplex (model VS3100) then generates and transmits the page through a small built in transmitter (for in house paging). It could also generate a phone call to a wide area paging service, but this is not being done presently.

If you'd like more info, you can contact me at 518-786-1788.

Cliff

On October 5, 2003, Tom Bowman wrote:
> I am trying to find a pager system that is controlled by a PLC in the following manner.
>
> 1. PLC experiences situation A, B, C ...
> 2. PLC pages group A, B, C... depending on situation.
>
> We are planning on using a Mitsubishi Q-series PLC. But I would appreciate information regarding my situation using any PLC.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.

( Complete thread: http://www.control.com/1026182916/index_html )

W
There is a New Zealand company EDAC which make a range of equipment that will send alarm messages to pagers and telephones.

regards

D
Siemens' S7-200 PLC has a modem module that will do this. The programming
software has a wizard to set up all the parameters. Very easy to setup and
use.