PLC/PC Based software for load shedding

D

Debashis Ghosh

Please let me know if there is any standard package for multistep process load shedding is avilable to save the power plant (2 GTG- 21MW + 8.5 MW)from any disturbance such as one GT tripping.

Do not know of a standard package. Have done load shedding, generator selection (set order), generator starting and stopping etc in an Omron PLC for a base load power station - 11kV generation - 6 generators and 9 feeders. A lot of code but can be done.

Sorry Bob, but I couldn't pass on this one!

During the golden, olden days... before the introduction of hi-tech programmable devices ... this application was easily done with a few relays. Admittedly, the relays were of the protective-relay type used by electrical power engineers!

Regards,
Phil Corso, PE
(Boca Raton, FL)
[[email protected]]

P
Hi,
You have a pretty straight forwards application, I've implemented something similiar with 3*22MW Generators and 7*HV CB Load shed steps (CB currents also required), It ran on an existing 50ms scan rate DCS (total latency avg 120-180ms inc. I/O chain & mech relays) - very simple algorithm, worked like a dream.
I'm not sure what sort of technology or skill base you have, but you'd be best of getting a local electrical engineering group to specify, construct and integrate the protection scheme into your existing infrastructure.
I should have some info on it somewhere if you want to send me an email -
peter(AT)automated.com.au

Cheers.

BrushPrismic are a power managemant company and have some load shedding PMS that will save blackstart situations from arising.