plc to automate boiler

D

didjay

i want to automate a boiler in a sugar factory in my country using a plc. Is that possible? because here all boilers are automised using small controllers. can anyone give me an answer? is boiler autoimation difficult via a plc?

this is possible and quite easy. In these days you got plc with integrated controllers and its relatively cheep. I suggest you look at http://www.unitronics.com for a easy and cheap PLC with integratetd controller and a free programming tool. mitsubishi, omron, simens are other vendors of proffesional plcs.

Basic boiler control comprises a set of PID controllers. PLCs include the PID algorithm, but implementation of features like feedforward, ratio, gain scheduling, etc. commonly used in boiler control may be more difficult.

A small DCS may be a better choice.

S

Sandeep Navale

It is possible. I was involved with boiler automation in Deepak fertilisers - we had used AB SLC.

F
Yes, you can automate a boiler easily via a PLC system or even with a Multi - Loop Controllers. I have used Honeywell's HC900 for the automation of Boilers and this option is even cheaper than using PLC systems of Siemens or AB.

I will be happy to help you out if you require more info. write to me at [email protected]