PLC5 and Wonderware through DH+

M

Mathew

I am upgrading Allen Bradley PLC2/30 to Allen Bradley PLC5. There is PLC2 on DH network connected to one Wonderware HMI, communication adapter is Sutherland-Schultz card SS5136SD. This card is good for DH and DH+. PLC2 should be replaced with PLC5, adapter card will stay and communication would be DH+. The communication between PLC5 and wonderware does not work. Probably there should be a tricky adjustment or addressing.

I do appreciate any help.

Thanks

can you use the programming software out of the card to see the PLC?

Also you can try to configure the card with the SST software (make sure that the dh card name is diff than any card on the dh network) and then inside of the WW SS5136SD IOServer select do not load firmware.

1. Setup topic in the I/O Server (See the appropriate PDF file for I/O Server Topic Configuration)
2. Create an Access Name in Windowmaker
Please note that the Access name can be defined as anything
The Node Name should be blank if the I/O Server is installed locally; if the I/O Server is installed remotely then the computer name as viewed over the Microsoft Network is used
The Topic Name is the same as what is defined in the I/O Server
The protocol used is either DDE or Suitelink Please note that DDE must be used on Windows 95 or Windows 98, Suitelink is recommend for remote Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 computers
When to Advise Items, should have advise only active items selected for update to prevent topic overload

1. Check proper connections for DH+ Blue, Clear, & Shield - the are reverse for DH+ from DH - try reversing them.

2. Check proper loading of S&S card windows drivers - interrupt, etc.

3. WW direct driver for S&S should be chosen & set up to talk to card - diagnostics will show OK

4. Topics in WW must be set for S&S card.

Why u r trying for DH+? AB PLC 5 will support directly Ethernet. Just installed ABTCP IO server(Which is availble in Wonder ware Site).Then define Topics as per u r requirement.