PLC5 to Modbus TCP over Ethernet

Y

Yves

I need to exchange points between a PLC5 and another system over Modbus TCP. AB does not make such an animal that I know of. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this? Is there a viable sullution?

J

James Ingraham

Yes; ProLinx Gateways (convienently at www.prolinxgateways.com) sells protocal converters that can go from Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, Remote I/O, or DF1 to Modbus/TCP. Parent company ProSoft (www.prosoft-technology.com) makes a Modbus Plus card for PLC-5, and Modicon makes a Modbus Plus to Modbus/TCP bridge (so does ProLinx). You could also set up a PC and let it translate.

M

Michael Griffin

At 16:52 09/10/01 -0400, Yves wrote:
<clip>
>I need to exchange points between a PLC5 and another system over Modbus
>TCP. AB does not make such an animal that I know of. Does anyone have any
>suggestions on how to tackle this?
<clip>
Did you consider an SST X-Link? This is intended to handle exactly this sort of problem.

http://www.sstech.on.ca/

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada

J
We are using the Prosoft Modbus communication module (3100/3101 - MCM) to exchange data between a PLC5 and some building automation equipment. It works great, but the programming to get it going was kind of a bear. Prosoft has good tech support and they should be able to get you up and running.

Jeff Groves
PLC/Electronic Controls Tech
Hoffman Enclosures
[email protected]

R

Richard Theron - FieldServer

Hi

FieldServer Technologies has a DF1 to Modbus TCP communication bridge, www.fieldserver.com points capacity from 500 to 15 000. The unit is not a
tunnel, the point are mapped together within the FieldServer for seamless integration.

Thanks,
Richard