>I know I could find some portable PC cases in the market, but
>they are too large and I wanted something that I could carry
>on airplane and fit underseat.
>So I made some bricolage... I disassembled a commercial
>Philips 14.1" LCD display and I gathered all other PC components
>into a heavy-duty bag (I also cut the edge of a common PC keyboard
>to fit it into the bag).
<clip>
Where would one find some "portable PC cases in the market"? I've been looking for some way to replace my notebook as it is getting old, but I haven't had any luck in finding a portable case.
I have talked to one of the technicians from the company which services our computers, and they would be more than happy to fill a case
with clone components (motherboard, drives, etc.), provided I could find a case. They would set it up for multiple boot for Windows 95/NT/DOS.
I am looking for an off the shelf case. I'm not sure our service company would react well to the situation if I simply picked up some odds
and ends, took a hacksaw to them and stuffed them in a bag.

I used to see cases advertised which included the case, keyboard, and display. You would fill them with your own motherboard, drives, power supply, etc. I have been looking for such a case for some time now, and haven't found one. Either they have disappeared from the market, or I don't know where to look.
I could buy a ready made system, but all the ones I have seen are over built for my needs and very expensive. They also seem to use customised components, and so don't really address the service/upgrade problem. We had one such system (not mine) and it got a bad name for itself as there was never any such thing as a minor repair.

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada
[email protected]