power system SSS control by monitoring rotor angle

A

Ashkan

hi everyone .. i am trying to reach a solution for dynamic control of small signal stability of power network by monitoring rotor angle of generators.
i have some question:

1) is it possible to define a fix limitation range for angle in prediction of small signal stability? or different networks need different ranges. is it possible to have average angle of all generators in network and assume it as a reference?

2)in practice which one is economic as a first action? changing torque or exciter values?

3) i am trying to run some simulation on Psat in matlab. i need to make a SSS situation on 9bus system by increasing step by step loads, while a control block is monitoring rotor angle and sending control signals to make changes in exciter or torque systems to prevent it. until now i could not do such thing cuz limitation in coding with psat .. is it possible to run it with psat? does anyone know any better simulation program?

thanks alot.

N

Namatimangan08

> Namatimangan08... rotor-angle, load-angle, power- angle, and
> torque-angle are used synonymously.

I thought so. Just to be sure. Thanks Phil.

N

Namatimangan08

> hi everyone .. i am trying to reach a solution for dynamic control of small
> signal stability of power network by monitoring rotor angle of generators.
---- snip ----

I have never done any numerical simulation of this kind before. In 2008 I was assigned to become a technical resource person for a team that carried out almost the same simulation.

My suggestion in your case is it is important to know actual inertial, ramp rates, and damping components for each units to ensure the results are accurate representation of reality. Unless you do it for some other purposes.

Ashkan... I believe you are trying to solve the "classic" transient-stability problem. My interpretation is, "For any load change can torque-angle measurement preempt AVR response?"

If your answer is NO!... fuhgeddaboutit! If YES, then contact me for several references I can send to you!

Regards, Phil Corso.