Pressure Regulator

S

Santosh

OK, now assume I am a new learner. What exactly do you mean by Cv of a pressure regulator / pressure reducing valve? How it helps in valve sizing and after working out the Cv with all the factors required, how is the seat size defined in a pressure regulator? I am so confused.

Hello

The Cv is the flow coefficient of the pressure regulator or the control valve and it is measured in GPM (Gallons per minutes) for us units , which means How much flow is going through Your regulator or valve. the bigger the Cv the bigger the valve/regulator.

regards
Yaser

R
Most of the regulators I buy are rated in Volume units, gallons per Minute, CFM or the metric equivalent. However there's no reason they couldn't rate them in Cv (higer CV higher Volume). The seat size is just the size of the hole (orifice). Larger orifice = larger Cv = more flow.

Talk to your regulator vendor about this, you will get a more detailed answer.

Regards,
Roy

A pressure regulator is a valve that controls the pressure of a fluid or gas to the desired value. A pressure-reducing valve is normally an open, 2-way valve that allows system pressure fluid to flow through it until a set pressure is reached downstream. It then shifts to throttle flow into the branch. The forces exerted by pressure downstream actuates a pressure-reducing valve.